Following setup needs to be done at Payables level: Setup > Invoice > Hold and Release Names.
• The Initiate Workflow option is selected for the hold type in the Hold and Release Names window.
• The hold is setup to be user releasable
• Notify After X Days: The Notify After X days setup, will cause the notification to be sent to the approver after X days of the hold being placed.
• Remind After X Days: The Remind after X days will cause a reminder to be sent to the appover after X days of the first notification, and subsequently, if no action is taken.
At AME setup Level, for the Transaction Type: Payables Holds Resolution setup Attribute, Condition, Action types, Approver groups and Rules
1. Choose the Default/seeded Attribute existed for Hold Look Up Code as shown below2. E.g. Use the seeded Condition by assigning Hold Look Up Code with String values “Amt Ord, Amt Rec, Price, Qty Ord, Qty Rec” as below: 3. Create an Custom Approver group ‘Demo1’ by choosing “Serial” Voting method assign with Static to generate Invoice Hold notifications and send for release to approvers on basis of below logic 4 Assign this Approval group to the action type.
5 Create a Rule for this Hold notification and assign above Condition and Action type to the Rule as shown below:
Steps to Release the Hold:
1. Validate invoice on matching hold like “Amt Ord, Amt Rec, Price, Qty Ord, Qty Rec”
2. A notification will be sent to the approver for hold release
3. Once the Approver clicks on “Release Hold”, the hold gets released from the invoice.