Sunday, December 18, 2011

Reference Data Set

This is a new concept that has come in Fusion. Reference Data sets are logical groups which provides the enterprise to decide which business unit access the reference data groups, such as grades, locations, AR & AP payment terms, departments, and jobs. Oracle provides a default Reference Data set which can be used across all Business units. However, we can define our own Reference data sets, to partition the data from effectively.
E.g. in R12 we had to live with the entire list AR payment irrespective to the fact whether one OU was using it or not. however, in Fusion we can restrict payment terms across BU's, so only the relevant ones will be accessible to the BU.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you for providing useful information.
I would like to recommend all to read and share this post.Oracle Goldengate

Anonymous said...

Hi! I am a digital marketer. The previous seo guy working for my client left a spammy comment at your blog with the username ascencion rana wich links to my client's site.
Such comments are or might cause serious damage to my client's site with respect to SEO which is why I am request you here by to remove it asap.
If you don't remove it by 11:59 pm, Pacific Standard Time, 3rd January 2014, we will have use Google's Disavow Tool to get back-link removed and, sorry to say this, but Google may not look too nicely upon you either for not having removed the comment. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

About Me

My photo
India
Krishanu's Oracle Applications Blog - Oracle Apps consulting services scenario in India. Also, an inside view of Oracle Apps outsource services in India. Also the blog features new developments in Oracle Apps and my learning's in this field. The views expressed are my own only and not of my employer Wipro Technologies. The views and opinions expressed by visitors to this blog are theirs and do not necessarily reflect mine.